How to Sell a Pre-Foreclosure House in Greenville, South Carolina
Have you missed several mortgage payments and received the pre-foreclosure notice from your bank? If you cannot catch up on those late payments, your best chance is to sell your home and pay out your debt.
Unfortunately, selling a pre-foreclosed home in Greenville, South Carolina is not easy, especially now, when the Home Purchase Sentiment Index is dropping, job security is decreasing, and mortgage rates are expected to rise. Your situation is even more difficult, as time is definitely not on your side, and you have no money to invest in repairs, staging, and marketing.
What can you do?
- If you have any equity left in your home, you may be able to convince your lender to negotiate a new deal that covers your overdue payments and sets the mortgage rates at a level you can afford. Keep in mind, though, that a new deal will take time and may involve additional costs. Moreover, there is no guarantee your lender will agree or that the equity in your home allows such a deal.
- Try your luck with a short-sale. With the right marketing strategy or an experienced real estate agent on your side, you may be able to pull it off. However, you should remain realistic and aware of the fact that selling a pre-foreclosed home on a short sale means being willing to accept a lower price. Chances are you will barely be able to cover your debts, not to mention the time and effort you will have to put in.
- File for bankruptcy. If you file for bankruptcy under Chapter 13, you may be able to gain some time to get back on track with your mortgage payments. However, bankruptcy procedures are not that easy to follow, so you would probably need to hire an experienced attorney. Also, the stain would remain on your record for years, negatively affecting your credit score and your reputation.
- Let the lender get your home and sell it to recover the debt. From time to time, this option may seem preferable to receiving pre-foreclosure notices and debt-collection phone calls. However, if you are considering it, remember the procedures for selling a foreclosed home involve an auction in which the bids never reach the property’s market level. If you are out of luck, the selling price will not even cover all of your debt.
- Let Hearthstone Investors help you sell your pre–foreclosed home fast and at its real market value. You could get a fair price for your property, pay out your debts, and start a new life without compromising your credit score or your credibility.
What Are Home Buyers Looking for in a Greenville Home?
With selling your home on your mind, you may be wondering how you could make it more attractive to potential buyers in the Greenville area. On a predominantly white-collar buyers’ market, the properties that sell have a few characteristics that may be costly for you to add to your home:
- Smart controls – Imagine being able to turn the heat on and off from a distance, adjust the lights by clapping your hands, or change TV channels using voice command.
- Connected appliances – Yes, it is now possible to connect almost all appliances to your smartphone and control them through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- High-end security systems – According to Neighborhood Scout, Greenville has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Many builders and renovators are keeping their buyers safe by providing them homes with audio and video surveillance and a wide range of sensors meant to detect and report any other threats.
- Modern and functional layouts – No matter how much you like your current home, it is likely that there are some changes that you would like to make to the layout to make it more functional for you and your family. Perhaps you would like more light, bigger rooms, open spaces, or a kitchen island? The homes that are selling in Greenville often have modern layouts and open spaces that attract buyers.
- Energy-efficient systems – Today’s buyers want comfort at minimum costs. This means energy efficient heating and lighting systems and home appliances that could be expensive to add for someone at risk for foreclosure.
Of course, all these come at a cost, so it may not be the best investment to sink further into debt trying to upgrade your home to get a better price on the sale. Instead, reach out to Hearthstone Investors of Greenville, South Carolina to discuss selling your pre-foreclosed home at a fair price.
4 Reasons for Selling a Pre-Foreclosed Home in Greenville to Hearthstone Investors
At Hearthstone Investors, our main goal is buying houses and improving them to meet the needs of today’s Greenville residents. This enables us to pay you a fair price for your property and not use your desperate situation against you. There are a number of reasons why it is a great idea to work with our team when selling your pre-foreclosed homes in Greenville, South Carolina:
- Great Price – As mentioned above, we will not try to take advantage of your situation. We will value your home for what it is worth and help you get back on your feet.
- 2. Direct Transactions – If you decide to sell your pre-foreclosure house in Greenville to us, you will be dealing with our team directly, so you have no reason to worry about intermediaries and the commissions they might charge.
- Transparency – We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family, so we will do our best to make sure you understand every step of the process, from the initial call to the final sale. We will inform you of how much we think your home is worth and let you decide whether you sell it to us or look for a better deal.
- Professionalism – Our team relies on discrete and dedicated professionals who will do everything in their power to make sure your experience with Hearthstone Investors is satisfactory. They will keep your information confidential, strive to adjust to your schedule when it comes to property visits and paperwork, and answer all of your questions.
What Does Selling a Foreclosed Home in Greenville to Hearthstone Investors Entail?
Selling a home is always stressful, and when it is a pre-foreclosure, it can be even more so. That is why we like to keep things simple for our clients and not waste their time on unnecessary procedures. When you reach out to us, we will walk you through each step of the process to make it as simple as possible for you.
As the first step of our collaboration, you will have to let us know that you would like to sell a pre-foreclosure house to us. You should include as many details regarding your property as possible (construction details, location, size, condition, liens) and any photos available. Of course, you should also include your contact details so that we may get in touch with you.
After reviewing the details you provide, we will contact you to see the property and, perhaps, ask some questions for which we could not find answers in your email and through our own research. We may ask to come visit the property at the date and time we agree on, doing our best to adjust to your schedule and availability.
After putting together the results of our research and our observations during the property visit, we will make you an offer on the house. We will do our best to meet or come as close as possible to your asking price, but we can assure you our offer will be fair and with no obligations for you.
Assuming you decide to accept our offer, the final step would be to close the deal. We know selling a pre-foreclosed home is more complicated than selling a no-liens property by the owner, but our agents will work closely with you to complete the paperwork as soon as possible, transfer property rights over the house to us, and pay you the much-needed money.
Contact Hearthstone Investors Now to Sell Your Pre-Foreclosure House in Greenville
Now that you know what your options are and how we work, you should not waste another minute. Time is important when it comes to paying off your debt and starting over in life. In your situation, you do not want to see your lender selling your foreclosed home for next to nothing, so reach out to us for a much better offer on your property.
Send us your contact details, as much information about your home as possible, and any questions you may have, and we will get back to you in no time. Let us show you that selling a pre-foreclosed home in Greenville, SC can be profitable when the buyer is Hearthstone Investors.