How to Sell Your Home in Greenville SC with an IRS Lien
Would you like to sell a house with IRS liens? If you have done your homework, you probably know this is no easy endeavor. Buyers usually run from complications, and that tax lien will probably chase them away. It is no wonder that Greenville, South Carolina residents often get help with their IRS lien before selling their home.
The Challenges of Selling a Home with IRS Lien in Greenville, South Carolina
Even if your Greenville house is in excellent condition and in a neighborhood where prices have constantly been on the rise, like the City Center, Hampton Avenue, Cleveland Street, the IRS lien will make it unappealing.
Your only chance at selling a home with IRS lien is finding a buyer willing to pay upfront so that you can pay your tax debt. Unfortunately, such buyers usually want ready-to-move-in properties. The fact that you want to sell your property in this situation often means that it is nowhere close to move-in-ready standards.
If you did not have money to pay your taxes, it is unlikely that you would want to spend money to invest in new furniture, home improvements, or energy efficient heating and cooling systems. Potential buyers will be disappointed, or they will use every flaw the home inspector finds to convince you to lower your asking price.
Also, selling a home with IRS lien in Greenville is a sure sign you are close to foreclosure. This means time is not on your side, so your chances of finding a buyer are at a minimum. However, you cannot just sit there and wait for the Delinquent Tax Collector’s Office to sell your property at an auction.
That would mean losing it for good and receiving little-to-no money on it, even if it is worth much more. It is true, according to SC Code of Laws Title 12, Chapter 51, you have the right to redeem your property even after someone buys it at an auction. However, doing so would mean paying much more than you owe at this point:
- Delinquent taxes
- Auction costs
Moreover, the procedures are quite complicated and difficult to follow, so you would probably need an attorney, not to mention that the process would take months in which you would have to live somewhere else and pay rent. If this sounds like your situation, then selling your Greenville home with IRS lien, although difficult, is your only hope. You need help, and you need it fast.
Get Help with Your IRS Lien from Hearthstone Investors
How can Hearthstone Investors help you sell a house with IRS lien and avoid foreclosure? It is simple: we buy the house from you. Yes, we are aware of the inconveniences discussed above, but we also know what happens during the auctions the Delinquent Tax Collector’s Office organizes and we think it is not fair.
They sell properties at ridiculous prices only to recover their money, and they ruin people’s lives in doing so. The buyers do not have an easy time either, as they have no guarantee they will win. Even if they do, they cannot invest in the property for another year, until the deadline for the original owner to redeem the property expires.
At Hearthstone Investors, we reach out to owners interested in selling a home with IRS lien, and we offer them a fair price. This way, after paying the due taxes, they still have some money left to start over, and they can do so with a clean tax record.
Our offer is even better than that: since we have cut out intermediaries and we include the properties we buy in a complex rehabilitation plan, we do not ask for home inspections, and we do not pick on small details, like a cupped floor, a little mold, stained walls, or some small wall crack. All we want is to get ownership rights over the property and begin work as soon as possible.
What Does Selling a Home with IRS Lien to Greenville Hearthstone Investors Involve?
Since we buy new properties all the time, we needed an easy-to-follow, streamline acquisition process that both our sellers and our representatives can follow without investing too much time and effort. It only involves four steps, detailed below:
Step 1: You initiate contact and provide property details
Step 2: We do our research and get back to you for answers and a property tour
Step 3: We do the math and include the results in a no-commitment offer
Step 4: If you are willing to commit, you sell the house with IRS liens to us, we pay the liens, and you get the rest of the money.
If you still do not know what to expect from us and how this collaboration can go, here are a few tips that may help:
- When contacting Hearthstone Investors, the most important part should be making sure your contact information is accurate. As soon as you have that out of the way, focus on providing relevant information about the property. Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes for a minute, and answer any questions a buyer may have. We would love to see some photos and the property layout if you have them.
- When we get back to you, do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and answer ours to the best of your ability. As for the property visit, we will try to adjust to your schedule to avoid keeping you from your work or other endeavors.
- When we send you the price offer, remember that it does not involve any obligations for you. If you agree with the price immediately, great. However, we understand if you need to take some time to think or discuss your decision with other family members. You should not wait too long, though. Keep in mind that the Delinquent Tax Collector’s Office could sell your home at an auction.
- Finally, when we get to the signing of the papers, feel free to ask any questions and do not forget to read everything carefully. Selling a home, with IRS lien or not, is a life-changing step. We want you to make this step fully aware of what it represents and convinced that it is the best option you have.
Why Sell Your House with IRS Liens to Greenville Hearthstone Investors?
We told you how to get help with the IRS lien on your home, but we never told you why you should ask for our help or what is in it for you. There are a number of benefits when working with us:
- You save your home from foreclosure. The last thing you want right now is for the Delinquent Tax Collector’s Office to kick you out of your home and sell it to the highest bidder. With our help, you can make sure this never happens.
- You get a fair price. It hurts to see your life’s work evaluated as nothing. We will evaluate your home at its true potential, without even bringing a home inspector to find faults or taking advantage of your difficult situation.
- You can start over. If you sell your IRS lien house to us, after covering the lien, you will still have enough money to start over, in Greenville or anywhere else. Your credit records will look much better than if you allow things to get to the foreclosure stage.
- You will not have to invest. Selling a home with IRS lien, more than selling any other property, takes time and effort, namely marketing and showing potential buyers around. You will not have to worry about this if you sell to us.
- There will be no intermediaries. You cannot afford to pay a real estate agent, and we do not want to. This means you will be dealing directly with our representatives and never have to pay a cent toward commission or some other fee.
- There will be no indiscretions. You probably do not want the world to know what you are going through, and we understand and respect that. We can promise you from the beginning that everything you discuss with our representatives will remain confidential.
- Everything will end fast and without hassles. We realize this whole situation is a nightmare for you, and we want to give it an optimistic end as soon as possible.
Sell Your Greenville Property to Hearthstone Investors
To sum up, yes, there is a light at the end of the IRS liens tunnel. It is called Hearthstone Investors, and it brings together people who understand your situation and want to help. Get help with the IRS liens on your Greenville property now! Contact us and let us offer you the fair price you are hoping for, the one everyone else seems unwilling to pay. No one has ever come to regret selling a home with IRS liens to us, and neither will you. We will make sure of that.