How to Sell Your Home After a Divorce in Greenville, South Carolina
Are you getting a divorce and considering the possibility of selling your marital property in Greenville South Carolina? Selling your house after a divorce is not easy, especially if the property is subject to equitable division or there are children involved.
Besides the fact that the current market conditions are not exactly in your favor, there are numerous aspects you need to consider and solve before you even begin looking for buyers or advice on how to sell your home.
What to Consider When Selling Your House After a Divorce in Greenville, South Carolina
- The legal situation of the property – Unless you have ways to prove that you owned the property before getting married, it will fall under the stipulations of Section 20-3-610 from SC Code of Laws and qualify as marital property, subject to equitable division. This means you cannot sell it without your former spouse’s consent.
- Your ex-spouse’s position on selling your Greenville house after the divorce – As mentioned above, if the house qualifies as marital property, you cannot sell it without your ex-spouse’s consent. Make sure you obtain the consent before you even begin looking for advice on how to sell your home after the divorce.
- Asking price – You have no way of guessing what price you can get for your home, but you should do your research and agree on a minimum low to ask for and accept with your spouse. It does not help if one of you wants to sell but expects a price higher than any buyer would be willing to pay.
- Relocation date – You probably want to move out of the house and move on with your life as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this is not always doable, especially when there are children involved. Therefore, you should set a deadline for moving out and stick to it. If you are lucky enough to find a buyer for your home, you may want to stipulate the moving out deadline as a condition of the sales contract.
- Property condition – If you have been having marital problems, chances are you could not agree on home improvements either. What would a home inspector’s report on your home look like? Potential buyers will use any flaw they can find to bargain for a lower price, so you should talk to your ex-spouse and make a choice: 1) sell the house after the divorce as it is to anyone willing to buy it, even if it means getting a lower price, 2) investing some money and time to make the house presentable and obtain the price it deserves, or 3) find a real estate development company who will assess your home at its real potential and pay you a good price for it as it is. Obviously, the last solution would be the most convenient.
How to Sell Your Home After a Divorce in Greenville, SC
From renovations to negotiating with buyers, it can be a hassle to sell your home after a divorce when all you really want to do is move forward with your life. At Hearthstone Investors, we can make the process as simple as possible for you.
This means you have already found someone to whom you can sell your house after divorce – Hearthstone Investors. We renovate houses in Greenville for a living, and we have many clients waiting to see what we can do with yours. If you would like to know more about how to sell your Greenville home after a divorce and what working with us means, all you have left to do is reach out to us and settle the details. Here is how you can do that in just four steps:
1. Contact Us
Once you have received the divorce decree, or as soon as you have cleared the above aspects with your ex-spouse, you can get in touch with us by phone or email and express your interest in our offer. We will ask you to provide your contact details and information regarding your property, such as its location, whether you are the sole owner or it is a shared property, its size and layout, the condition it is in, your asking price, and how much time you need to move out.
2. Work with Us
As soon as you complete the first step, we will look up the property and do our own research. We will call you within a couple of days to ask a few questions (if we have any) and to schedule a property tour. Do not hesitate to tell us what dates and hours would be most convenient for you, and we will do our best to stick to them. Finally, come or send someone to show us the property. This will probably be the only visit, as we do not usually request home inspections, and our teams are experienced enough to tell at first sight when a property matches our vision and how much it is worth. We treasure your time, so we will not waste it.
3. Analyze Our Offer
We will use the results of our research and the observations we made during the property tour to make you an attractive and fair acquisition offer on your home. We would be grateful if you considered our offer, discuss it with your ex-spouse, and inform us of your decision.
4. Finalize the Papers
Assuming you accept our price, the following step would be to make your home sale official. We will try to keep the process as simple as possible and finish fast, and we will even play the intermediary between you and your ex-spouse if we have to. Our only desire is that you sign those papers knowing you made the right decision and that you make the most of the money you get.
You have to admit it is quite easy to sell your house after a divorce to Hearthstone Investors of Greenville, South Carolina. It, in fact, when you sell your home with us, you enjoy many other benefits that we have outlined for you below:
Why Sell Your Greenville House After Divorce to Hearthstone Investors?
- End the Fight with Your Ex-Spouse. One of you filed for divorce. No matter if you were the one to make the final decision or your ex-spouse did, the takeaway message is the same: you can no longer live together. Selling your house to us will allow each of you to find a new home and start a new chapter in life.
- Never Worry About Repairs or Home Inspections. Perhaps the best part of selling your house after your divorce to Hearthstone Investors is that we do not use the damage against you, we do not request repairs, and we do not perform home inspections. The construction will undergo major rehabilitation work anyway, so we see no use in wasting both time and money on such procedures.
- Move Out of the House on Your Own Terms. We know how tough divorces can be and we understand that you or your spouse may need to continue living in the house for a while, even after the transaction is final. We will gladly accept that, as long as you tell us from the beginning how long it would take to enable us to plan the rehabilitation work accordingly.
- Sell Your House After the Divorce at a Good Price. We offer some of the best house prices in Greenville, upfront, and everyone knows that. Our evaluations are fair and accurate, and our sellers never come to regret their decision of working with us.
- Cut Out Intermediaries and Commissions. Since you will be selling directly to us, you can forget all about real estate agents and the commissions they may charge. What we agree on stands until the end and we discuss everything openly.
- Work with People Who Respect and Understand You. From the moment you contact us, you can expect our representatives to treat you and your ex-spouse with the utmost respect. Everything you reveal to us will be confidential, and we will try to make your experience with Hearthstone Investors as pleasant and hassle-free as possible.
- Fast Resolution. We have the simplest and fastest acquisition procedures on the market, so, if you are in a hurry to sell your home after the divorce and get your money, you have come to the right place.
Sell Your Home After a Divorce in Greenville, South Carolina to Hearthstone Investors Now
You are one step away from getting an excellent deal on your Greenville property. Take that step now! You don’t have to experience the stress and financial worries of renovating your old home in order to get a good deal on a sale. Reach out to Hearthstone Investors to discuss selling your house after a divorce in Greenville, South Carolina today.